This morning I’d like to wish my good friend Josh and his fiancee Kaity best of luck in their CF box competition today! Crush it you two! You’re both a motivation to me and I dedicate my training today (and my Daily Motivation quote) to you. Sending you nothing but the best for your competition today and in life!
Check out the box Josh and Kaity train out of, Ironbar CrossFit (formerly Graham CrossFit) in Puyallup, WA. I’ve had limited interaction with this box and its members, but I’ve seen and heard nothing but great things!
“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” – Vincent van Gogh
*Today’s Rx workout is a 15M TT bike which I’m actually going to do tomorrow. Don’t worry, not going to skip anything!
*Today I worked out at a different facility and their pool was only 20yds in length. So you will see some odd numbers for my swim workout, but all was good!
- 500m row
- 60yd, 100yd free
- 80yd kick x 2 (with short trainer fins, at least shorter than I normally use)
*As with most timed iteration swim workouts, I find it difficult to continually check my watch so I choose a distance that should end close to the Rx’d time and just compare my time results for that distance.
- 3:00 iterations with :60s rest until form/pace dissipates. For the 3:00, I swam 180yd iterations.
Muscle Recovery Workout: *All of these movements are performed with light-medium weight and done for the Rx’d weights or until muscle burn is achieved.
- Glute Ham Developer Sit-ups 3×15. No GHD at the gym, so I substituted butterfly sit-ups for 3 x 20.
- Glute Ham Developer Raises 3×15. Substituted back raises with 25lbs plate for 3 x 8.
- American Kettle Bell Swing. Completed 3x 15 @ 26.5lbs.
- Bench Press 3×15. Completed 15-15-12 @ 95lbs.
- Pull-ups 3xTF. Completed 3 x 4 chest-to-bar.
REST AND RECOVERY!