So we have all heard the term “Firebreather” thrown around a lot in the CF world, usually to describe a person who is known for crushing WODs. I was curious as to if there was a specific definition. After reading into it a bit I came up with this from CrossFit Amundson. I think its closest to what I too would consider a Firebreather.
“Firebreather – Fie-r-bre’-th-er: (n) 1. One who faces the triumphs and tribulations of great physical opposition with an indomitable spirit. 2. An optimistic energy associated with the heart of an athlete.”
So as always, be safe, train hard, show some strength through discipline, and breathe fire!!
- Stretching with PVC
- Row 500m
- 5 hand release push-ups x3
- 5 American kettle bell swings @ 26lbs x3
- 5 Air squats x3
- Dynamic Effort (DE) Floor press 9×3 @ 70% 1RM on every :45s
- Completed 9×3 @ 115lbs
- 100 Pull-ups for time
- Time 12:15.
- 25 jumping jacks x3
- 10 front/back, side/side leg swings
- 10 Ankle rotations
- 5mins easy spinning
- 800m iterations with :60s rest until for/pace dissipates.