- Stretching with PVC
- 25 jumping jacks x3
- 5 hand release push-ups x3
- 8 American KB swings @ 26lbs x3
- 5 overhead squats with PVC x3
- Dynamic Effort (DE) Power Clean 8×2 @ 75% 1RM on every :60s
- 105lbs for 8×2
- Nancy- 5 rounds of 400m run & 15 OH Squats (95/65)
- Scaled to 80lbs OH squat. Time: 19:52
- Ring planks x3 TF
- Windmill 3×10 left and right side with 40lbs KB
- Clean and jerk
This morning was one of my most productive workout sessions in recent memory! The strength session and the WOD went off really well. The only regret I have there is that I did not do the OH squat with the Rx’d weight. I thought 95lbs would be too much for 5×15 in a conditioning WOD. Lowering the weight to 80lbs I easily went unbroken, so I feel like I left a little bit on the table there.
My core work was good as well. I’ve never done ring planks before so that was a new experience which I think I did well at for my first time though I tweaked my shoulder a bit which only got worse when I did the KB windmills. After core work I moved into some technique practice. Still working on connecting my double unders, it hasn’t happened yet but I feel progress each attempt so its just a matter of time. Many thanks again go to my good friend/coach/training partner Josh for helping me work on clean and jerk for the first time. Feel like I have a solid understanding of the movements. Now its just down to repetition and starting to add some weight and lay down some benchmarks. Thanks again Josh!
- 25 jumping jacks
- 10 front/back and side/side leg swings
- Ankle rotations
- Pistol squat holds
- 1:30 on with 1:30 rest until form/pace dissipate.
Check back this afternoon for run results!